Wednesday 19 December 2012

Being Retrospective
















I'm not a person that looks back in to the past and analyses everything in my life.  I try and sort of keep pushing towards the future.  With my photography, however, I do like to take a look back through the archive every now and again.  I don't mean I troll through every image I have every created or look at every image I've ever shot.  I just have a quick review of what I have done recently.

Every now and again, I get a nice surprise, like the shot above.  For some reason, I overlooked this shot preferring one that I had taken  about half an hour earlier.  In all honesty, I still do prefer that shot.  However,   although I didn't delete the original of the shot above, I didn't pursue beyond the digital negative stage.  So, a quick review of the image and a little more work in photoshop to adjust levels and work on localised sharpening and the above finished image is ready to go out.  I actually now prefer this one to the portrait version posted earlier.

Moral of this story; don't be too quick to delete, it's good to look back every now and again.

1 comment:

  1. I like!! A lot, thanks for posting an amazing shot just when I needed something to link to :-)

    ReplyDelete